5.02.2009

New Camera...

Well about a month ago my camera decided it didn't want to take any more photos. I was really miffed as it had cost us a lot and would have cost a lot more to send it away to get fixed. So I had resigned myself to the fact that I would not have a camera for a long time again. Lois was very kind to lend hers to me for a few occasions. However today Rob was off and had taken me to lunch ( very nice indeed) and on the way home I suggested we go see the Ritz Camera Shop that was closing down. I never manage to get any bargains at these kind of things but I thought we'd go and see what kind of cost would be involved. Long story short it paid off!! We got a little Olympus camera for 1/2 price!!!YEAH!! So it did not take me long to go and shoot a few pictures to try it out. Here are a few of my amateur shots....
This little bird lives in the eaves of the house next door. The zoom is pretty good!!


One of the beautiful roses in the front yard...strange how it looks even more pretty after a rain shower....


OK "Why did she take a picture of the number of her house?" I hear you ask. Well here is a little tip for all you DIY ladies who also want to save a little bit of cash. We moved to our house a year ago and the lamps and numbers outside were a terrible brass colour ( sorry if yours are brass its just not my taste.) I priced some new ones and they were too expensive for us at the minute to change so I went to Walmart and bought a can of black satin spray paint $3.47. I took as much of the light down as I could and taped newspaper behind it. I removed the numbers completely. I then proceeded to spray all that was brass. I have to say I was so pleased with the finish the kids were fed up with me admiring it every time we left the house. It really only took me about 1 1/2 hrs to finish the whole job. My next project is the brass light fitting inside the house.




It also takes video...enjoy!


1 comment:

Albert said...

Wow!! You got fantastic camera!! Love to see the amazing pictures and video... My new Sony camera also have nice pictures quality!!