5.30.2009

'No news is good news'.....

Mum....
I don't know if it's a familiar saying here in America but back home its very common.
"No news is good news!"
i.e. if you haven't heard from someone it means everything is probably OK. Well this is the case with my mum. Sorry I haven't been very faithful to update my blog about her, but I have been in touch every other day with my dad.

She has been moved to another Hospital in Ballycastle, Co. Antrim.(Here pictured) She is here for physiotherapy and recuperation. I actually spoke to her today for the first time in 3 weeks! She was in good form, even though we had a bad connection. She is just waiting patiently to be sent home. Her hands are still in bandages and she cannot use them very well. She heads back to Londonderry on Tuesday for some more work on her elbow and hands. She is hopeful that she might get sent home after that.


Graduation.....
On Tuesday our second eldest, Esther graduated from Middle School to High School. There was a ceremony at her school, Horizon Charter, that we all attended. She has worked hard this year even though math tried to get the better of her a few times, we are very proud of her achievements and look forward to a restful summer. Here she is pictured with the Principal, Mrs Rosalee Hagstrom.



So concludes my update about things in the Briggs' Household. I am so glad to be finished school for the summer. I have a list of things the length of your arm to achieve over the holidays. (Don't tell the kids!!:) So I am going to rest a couple of days and then get stuck in. I'll try to keep up to date with things as I go along.
I do want to do a post on "What's on your Nightstand?" that Mrs Elaine Wallace has mentioned on her blog. My books may be scattered all over the place rather than on my nightstand, but you get the idea....
We have 16 new members giving testimony both this and next week in Sunday School. It will be a good time in God's House. May you also have a blessed day in the House of God tomorrow.
"I was glad when they said to me:We will go, into the house of the Lord."
Psalm 121

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your mum is recovering well Elaine, thanks for the up-date :-)