3.12.2011

DIY Car Mechanic

So I couldn't fix the transmission on the car...that went a little beyond my ability, but after we had the car repaired and returned to us the radio/CD was the next thing that gave out. Last year I had replaced a bulb on the back taillight with help from the internet and Youtube, so I thought I'm sure someone has put information on the internet about fuses ( as I thought that was probably what it was). So I 'googled',
"where is the fuse for the radio of a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan". Lo and behold it was there...in answers.com. Under the hood labelled RDO/input.

A few months back I had bought a little fuse indicator for Lois's car and so after finding the box, removing the delinquent fuse and testing it I discovered that it was indeed the culprit. I simply replaced with another one from the same kit I had bought for Lois and 'voila' the radio is back working again.


So I thought I'm sure in this day and age with the economy the way it is and car repairs the price they are, someone may benefit from this information. It was an easy fix that a dealership/mechanic may have charged a lot of money to just find out what was wrong. I hope this benefits someone and ladies don't even leave all these things for your husband/dad, uncle whoever to fix you can manage these yourself. You young single ladies with cars, learn how to do these things it could save you a fortune.

1 comment:

Dianna Wood said...

My kind of woman! Good for you Elaine and thanks for sharing.