2.24.2009

Amish Baked Oatmeal

Here is a recipe I found on another blog. The blog on the whole was not great but this recipe was.

There are a few reasons why I think you should try it:-

1. You can prepare it the night before. Pop it in the oven the next morning and have your devotions, go for a walk, get the kids dressed....
2. It tastes like a warm cookie for breakfast...yeah I know if you're watching your wasteline its not the best, but good for a wee treat.
3. You can double or triple the recipe easily. The original said you got 9 portions out of it. I found that we only got about 3-4. Maybe we ate too much!!! It really is that good. I doubled it for the six of us.




It really does taste good with the yogurt. I used a cherry yoghurt instead of plain, yummy!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elaine,
That looks amazing. The only question I have is the picture looks like a larger rectangular pan rather than an 8x8, or was that just an optical illusion? Looking forward to trying it some morning when my "grands" are here! Thanks,
Love,
Jacque

Elaine Briggs said...

I did make it in a square pan. But it was very thin and therefore I felt did not go as far as I had imagined. If you are making it for any more than 4 people I would double it.