3.23.2009

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. I thought I would take a minute today to review a book I just finished yesterday. It is in our Reading Roundabout and I had looked forward to reading it and was not disappointed. It is called
'Coronation Glory' - The story of Lady Jane Grey.

This was a book that was easy to read but hard to put down. It follows the true life experiences of Lady Jane Grey who is 4th in line to the throne of England. The story is told from her point of view and gives insights into life in the royal court. Jane is a girl who is modest in all the areas of her life, she loves the Lord and wants to serve Him where He has put her. We also see the struggles of her heart both within and without her family.

The emphasis in the storyline changes toward the end of the book where she is forced to stand up for her Lord and the convictions that she has about the Bible. This shows us the true character of this brave young woman who is an example to us all.

I think Deborah Meroff has done a good job in keeping this book from being too complicated with all the intricasses of court life in England at the time.

I would definitely recommend this book for ages 15 and up.

You can purchase it here

1 comment:

Bethan said...

Just popping by to say 'Hi', Elaine.
One of my all-time favourite books is Lady Jane Grey by Faith Cook. Tears were streaming down my face as I read of her final moments, and the fact that she didn't renounce her faith in Christ. Have you read it?