12.27.2010

A Fearful Thought...

Zechariah 7:13

"As I called, and they would not hear, so they called and I would not hear." says the Lord of hosts.



The children of Israel have come back from exile to rebuild the temple.They sent messengers to ask the priests if they should continue with fasting and mourning traditions they had been keeping while in Babylon. The Lord of Hosts replies by
asking them why they were keeping these traditions, was it for themselves or for His glory?



He was questioning their motives. He was concerned that they were not primarily concerned for His glory, and I must ask myself the same question. Why do I do the things I do? What is my motivation?

Paul tells us "...Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Christ says " Seek first the kingdom of God."

Do I seek the praise of men or am I doing all to the glory of God?




The children of Israel were told to be generous, hospitable and benevolent this is how genuine faith is shown. Sadly they refused to listen making their hearts diamond hard
v11-12.





So the Lord of Hosts makes this fearful statement....

" As I called and they would not hear, so they called and I would not hear."

I must give serious heed to the Word of God. However, being a hearer is not enough I must also be a doer of it. My works should emanate from the faith I profess.
James tells us in 2:20 "...faith apart from works is dead."

In 2011 may I seek not only to exercise my faith in God but also let that faith be seen by my works, and all done to the Glory of God.

1 comment:

Dianna Wood said...

Hi Elaine,

Delighted to find you writing again! Glad I checked back. I very much enjoyed your posts and was blessed.

Grace to You - Dianna