4.28.2009

Holiness of God

God is Holy!
While reading 'The Attributes of God this morning I was struck by something A.W.Pink said...
"Adam and Eve were punished for their ONE sin of eating the forbidden fruit, for ONE sin Moses was not allowed to enter the promised land, for ONE sin Elisha's servant was struck with leprosy and for ONE sin Annaias and Sapphira were killed!"
When I think of my life and the many sins I commit everyday, when I number them I cannot stand. Rather I must fall before my God in thanks for His wonderful grace and mercy in taking the punishment I deserved and putting it on Christ, then giving me His righteousness. How can words express the thankfulness necessary? My life must show his love, goodness, forgiveness as I live for Him and try by His grace to "Be holy as HE is Holy"
"Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were an offering far too small,
Love so amazing, so Divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all."

1 comment:

Ana Degenaar said...

Thank you for sharing Elaine, I like you blog...

We have a photo contest at Everyday M.moms, the winner gets a beading kit, hand-picked in Brazil, all Countries can participate. Check it out

http://everydaymmoms.blogspot.com/2009/04/picture-psalm-challenge.html