6.04.2009

Stormy, Stormy Night......

Last night was the lightning storm of all lightning storms....
I have never seen anything like it.....
It began around 8:45pm Wednesday and I was still watching it at 3:30am Thursday.....
I tried to video some of it but all I got was a few small flashes at the end....
As usual I didn't think about the video until it was finishing....
However here is some video I got off You Tube it gives a feel for the intensity of it...


This is quite long ...you don't have to watch it all .....

This reminded me of God's power over creation, His anger with sin and yet His mercy in withholding from us that which we deserve...

Psalm 77:17-18

"The clouds poured out water;
The skies sent out a sound;
Your arrows also flashed about
The voice of Your thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightnings lit up the world;"

"O tell of His might, O sing of His grace

Whose robe is the light and canopy space
His chariots of wrath the deep thunderclouds form
And dark is His path on the wings of the storm."

"God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm."

~William Cowper


"When we worship the Lord, let’s remember that He is in control.
Nothing alarms Him, or takes Him by surprise.
Nothing is too big for Him to handle, or so small it escapes His attention.
When the winds of my world begin to blow, He remains seated.
When raging waves surround me,
He governs their temper…I need not be moved …
Because the Lord is seated and sovereign…
He alone is sovereign."

~Ronald James

1 comment:

Serena said...

WOW! That first photo is amazing! My mom got a few good shots, but I didn't get any. (We're north of you.) I took dozens of pictures and the best I got was a bit of a glow. ;) The lightning was crazy--it was like northern lights, it was so constant!