12.08.2010

Glossing over the Truth....

Well, my hubby is on holiday this week. He took the time off with the purpose of helping me to get some painting jobs done that I could not do on my own.

We have had a very successful two days with the living room totally completed and the hallway all done but a wall that I can finish on my own.

Up the mountain...
brush or roller?....brush, roller, roller, brush????
The title I gave this post is referring to a couple of things that happened today.
The first was when someone passed comment on Robert's Facebook page after he uploaded these pictures of our work...
and I quote....

Looks like a "coverup" to me!

If this pun fell "flat" I hope you'll just "gloss" over it. Maybe I just need to "brush up" a bit if I'm ever to get "on a roll." I hope you'll bear with my "off the wall" remarks.

This made me smile I don't think I could have strung all these together in one sentence where they would have made sense!

The second was rather quite sadder.

After we had finished our work for the day and had eaten dinner, the kids decided they would put up the Christmas tree for me while Robert and I went out and did some Christmas shopping and hung out together. So we got the shopping done and decided to go to Starbucks for a wee treat. (By the way if you haven't tried their 'sweet and salty hot chocolate then please do ...it is so good).

So we ordered our drinks and went to sit down to wait when we passed a table where two girls were obviously studying. Rob noticed one of the books was a Bible and made a comment about how encouraging it was to see two young ladies studying their Bible.
When asked what church they went to they told us they were Jehovah Witnesses.

Robert went on to have a discussion with them but they 'glossed over' the truth time and time again. Telling us that you are saved by your works. I had never heard it propagated in such a forthright manner before. It was sad to hear them talk about God and what they thought he was like yet denying Christ as God the Son....I was challenged in my own heart because I was fighting my own selfishness wanting to just chat to Rob...it's not often we get out on our own just to spend time alone...yet I eventually saw that these girls were so in need of hearing the truth of the true gospel. May God help me to have a burden for the lost and have a greater burden for them.

No comments: